Friday, December 30, 2011

Take Flight with Art Parts Modeling Film


I created these using Wendy Vecci Art Parts and Modeling Film.  The Modeling Film is a really neat clear plastic sheet that you can stamp on, cut out or die cut and mold into curved shapes by heating it with a heat gun.  I used StazOn Metallic and StazOn Jet Black to stamp with.  Some of them I colored with Marvy Alcohol Ink Markers on the reverse side of the ink. 
I used distress ink to create the backgrounds papers by swiping a few colors on a craft mat (waxed paper works or foil wrap works too) and spritzing it with water and dipping my white cardstock into the ink in several different ares.  I ran the peice under the butterfly through the peacock feather Cuttlebug embossing folder from the animal prints set, and then sponged a darker ink on the raised areas.  There is a little fussy cutting involved in these projects but the film is nice because after you heat it the edges are really not noticable so if you cut 1/8 around the image all the way around you won't have to cut out little fussy pieces.

Brushable glue was what I applied to the backs of the wings so I could add glitter just inside the wings.   This helped give them a gossamer look.  I also added some silver paint from an Adirondack Paint dabber over the dried marker on the flower I used for the winged doll head.  This made it opaque and gave it a metallic look.

Products Used:



I added a magnet to the back of the decorated art parts with the butterfly so I could use it as a decoration on my filing cabinet.  I attached the art doll to a card.  The background was created by embossing purple cardstock with the peacock feather embossing folder and brushing a silver ink pad over the surface.

Text Product List:

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Thanks for the info and i am excited to try this! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. It really pretty and girly. The color combination is great and I just adore your Floral Dress Form stamp. You are really creative. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge blog
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete