Sunday, August 28, 2011

More Distress Stain Ideas-Stamp Using Stains 3

Hello Stamping Buddies!
This if the third and last segment for the Stamp With Distress stains Tutorials.  This card uses the Daisy border stamp from the Daisies Set.



List of Materials:
Daisies Stamp Set
Distress Stain: Vintage Photo
Yellow Watercolor Crayon
White China Marker Pencil of a White Watercolor Crayon
Glossy White CS
Yellow and Tan CS
Dimensional Adhesive



For this card, I wanted to see what the Distress Stains would do on Glossy CS.   The first step is to apply the Stain to the Glossy CS in  swiping motion.



Dry with a heat tool.  Apply the stain to the rubber stamp in a daubing and swiping motion.  Be careful not  to get too much ink on the stamp.  Practice a few times.  Stamp the Daisies twice with the stain.  Dry with a heat tool.



And, this is what you should end up with.  I was really pleased with the way the Stain looked stamped on the Glossy CS.  I think it is the glossy paper that makes the difference here.  The stain seemed to just sit on top of the paper which is what I wanted with this image.


Next, I thought a little color on the Daisies would be really nice.   I colored the centers with a Yellow Watercolor Crayon (NOT a pencil).  I would have colored the petals with a white watercolor crayon, but I do not have one.  What I did have was a White China Marker.  No idea where this was purchased.  (I am pretty sure I raided my husband's drafting supply box for this marker.  LOL).




So, I really like  how the China Marker looks.  Don't try to use a Watercolor Pencil.  The tip is too hard and you don't want to add any water....your stain will go all over the place.   Now, I did try a White Gel pen and I think that looks kind of nice too.  Here is the Gel pen colored daisies.  I will use this on some other project.


To finish this project, I made a card from tan CS and layered with bright yellow CS.  I layered the stamped piece on a second lighter tan CS.  I adhered this onto the card base with dimensional squares.  A wide satin white ribbon was tied around the card.



And of course, I wanted to show you how I decorated the inside.  I stamped on the Tan CS with the Distress Stain and layered in some yellow CS.



I had a blast working with the Distress Inks.  Just seems like there is a lot you can do with them.  I have just scraped the surface with the ideas here.  Have fun!!    Hope you have a great day.
Karen McAlpine

2 comments:

  1. thanks for these tutorials on distress stain. I've been enjoying reading & looking at the effect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. China marker! I remember using one for something decades ago and had forgotten they existed. What a great idea. I like it much better than the white marker, too, because it is softer. Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete