Friday, August 26, 2011

More Distress Stain Ideas-Stamp Using Stains 1

Hi Blockheads!
Karen from Dreaming and Creating here today with more ideas for using the new Distress Stains.  I will show you the results I achieved by stamping with the Stains.  I will split this post up into three segments because there is a lot of info.   For the first project, I used the large Butterfly from the Painted Butterflies Set.
List of Supplies:
Painted Butterfly Stamp set
Border from Japanese Musicians Set
Thanks Sentiment from Flowers-Daisies Set
Distress Stains: Peeled Paint, Wild Honey
Distress Ink: Peeled Paint
Black Dye Ink
Cardstock: white,dark green


So, let's get started.   Apply the Stain directly to the rubber stamp.  There is a sponge top applicator on the bottle.  Don't get too much stain on the stamp or your image will look like a blob.  I had to practice a bit to get the right amount.  I found that swiping and dabbing the bottle across the stamp worked best.  Hint: The Stains are very wet and you will have to dry with a heat gun between steps.  If the stamped image or background is not dry it will smear.  



I stamped on White CS and this is how it turned out.  The effect is nice and soft.  Dry with heat gun.



I trimmed this piece down and added more Distress Stain in Wild Honey to cover the background.  Just swipe the bottle across the paper to apply the Stain.  Dry with heat gun.


Cut the piece down to size and distress the edges with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


To add more interest, I swiped the Peeled Paint Distress Ink pad across the CS.  I just added little streaks here and there.


I cut another piece of White CS taller than the stamped piece, but  the same width.  I stamped the border from Japanese Musicians at the top and bottom using the Peeled Paint Stain.  Glue the Butterfly piece to the piece stamped with the borders.


Attach to a card made from dark green CS.  I wanted this to be a card I could send to someone so I added a Thank You sentiment with black ink.  A few pearls and we are done.   Here is how I finished the inside stamping with the Distress Stain again.   Lots of room to write a nice note.



Tomorrow I will be back with more Distress Stain stamping!  Here is a sneaky peek of tomorrow's project.


Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and will give this technique a try.  It is so fun and easy.   Have a great day and see you tomorrow.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment